Super Foods for Super Nutrition
Life Super Foods Micro Greens
In the world of nutrition, there are healthy foods and then there are super healthy foods. Called super foods for short, these include various vegetables, fruits and even grasses that pack a huge nutritional punch per serving. Consuming them on a regular basis is one of the best ways to fill in nutritional deficits that are common in our modern food supply.
Life Super Foods is a nutritional supplement that includes a variety of highly nutritious components like micro greens, potent antioxidants, immune boosting prebiotics and proteins. A dash of harmonizing foods like maca, squash, and holy basil round out the nutritional profile to make a supplement that adds a positive boost to any diet.
Micro greens are the classification of plant foods that are older than sprouts, yet harvested before maturation. They consist of mainly common vegetables and herbs that are still small and green as the vegetable is not fully developed when picked, hence the name “micro greens.” The early harvesting creates a supplement that packs all the nutrition of the large plant and more, so less is required to get the same nutritional benefit.
While micro greens might include some common plants like arugula, chives, cilantro and beets, some lesser known greens include moringa, barley grass and blue green algae. These nutrient-dense super foods provide a wide variety of vitamins and minerals including vitamins A and K as well as manganese and folate. And the best part of these little nutritional powerhouses is that they contain up to 40 times more nutrients than their adult counterparts.
Super Powerful Vegetables
It is widely known that vegetables are an important part of a healthy lifestyle diet. Due to increased awareness about diet and health, we also know that some foods are associated with lowering the risk of chronic disease while providing numerous important nutrients like potassium, fiber and folate. Some of the vegetables found in Life Super Foods are widely known for their superior health benefits.
- Spinach is packed with antioxidants, which can help ward of aging and disease. It contains important compounds like quercetin, lutein and natural nitrates and can support eye health and blood pressure. Antioxidants help improve oxidative stress balance in the body, making spinach a supreme leafy green.
- Peas were once thought of as merely an inexpensive pantry item to keep on hand, but research has shown they are powerful vegetables worth mentioning. They are packed with nutrients that have anti-inflammatory effects and when used as a protein powder can aid digestion, help you feel fuller for longer and have a positive impact on muscle strength and size. (1)
- Beets have quickly become a super food supplement in their own right. This is because they contain nitric oxide, which helps transport oxygen throughout the body. Many athletes use this supplement for increased energy and quicker recovery from workouts, along with the added benefits of blood pressure support and heart health.
Super Antioxidant Fruits
While vegetables are the focus of many healthy diet plans, fruits also boast nutritional properties that you don’t want to miss. They are high in phytonutrients that help support and nourish all functions of the body and contain high amounts of antioxidants that help fight free radicals. It happens that the fruits found in Life Super Foods are some of the most nutrient dense foods available.
- Cranberries are low in sugar but higher in antioxidants than most other fruits. In fact, one powerful antioxidant called proanthocyanidins, or PACs for short, are anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory, which may be why they are known to support the immune system.
- Blueberries contain strong phytonutrients and antioxidants that support cardiovascular health. They are also packed with vitamins C and B6 along with folate, potassium and fiber. And in one report from 2018 published in Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, researchers found that blueberry powder supplementation had a positive effect on blood glucose. (2)
- Lemons are high in antioxidants like vitamin C and flavonoids, which help fight free radicals. Free radicals are linked to premature aging, among other things, as they damage cells and wreak havoc within the body. Vitamin C also aids in the formation of collagen, which supports healthy skin and a healthy circulatory system.
Healthy Harmonizing Foods
Harmonizing foods are those that have been traditionally used to help balance and calm all systems of the body. Herbs like maca have traditionally been used to balance women’s hormonal health, holy basil is a traditional remedy for stress and anxiety along with numerous other health benefits, and annatto promotes healthy digestion.
While one serving of Life Super Foods is merely 2 small scoops, it packs a significant dose of nutrients, like:
- Vitamin C – The organic food blend provides 40 mg of this antioxidant, which not only supports the immune system, but also supports the health of connective tissue and bones.
- Vitamin E – One serving provides over 44 mg of this immune boosting nutrient.
- Folic Acid – Folic acid is a B-complex vitamin that helps maintain immunity, while aiding in digestive health. Luckily, one serving of Life Super Foods provides 133.3 mcg of folic acid, making it easy to fit it into any diet.
Life Super Foods includes foods and herbs that have been used as health aids for centuries. Supplements that include micro greens, fruits, vegetables and herbs can support any diet, especially those that fall short on nutrition or for people who are extremely active and require that extra boost. With today’s collective knowledge of various foods and their benefits, we can all take advantage to get that extra nutritional edge for energy, health and balance in all areas of our lives.
1 Babault N, Païzis C, Deley G, et al. Pea proteins oral supplementation promotes muscle thickness gains during resistance training: a double-blind, randomized, Placebo-controlled clinical trial vs. Whey protein. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015;12(1):3. Published 2015 Jan 21. doi:10.1186/s12970-014-0064-5
2 Rocha DMUP, Caldas APS, da Silva BP, Hermsdorff HHM, Alfenas RCG. Effects of blueberry and cranberry consumption on type 2 diabetes glycemic control: a systematic review. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2018;59(11):1816-1828. doi:10.1080/10408398.2018.1430019
Life Super Foods Greens and Super Fruit Blend
Life Super Foods Macro Greens Blends Super Greens for Energy and Protein Super Fruits for Antioxidants and Vitality Plus Pre Biotics for Cleanse and Detox 22 servings. Life Super Foods is the most complete Nutritious Micro Greens, Super Foods and Super Fruits supplement.
- Super Food Blends
- Antioxidant Blend
- Immune Boosting Blend
- Pea Protein
- Harmonizing Foods Blend
49 in stock
Body Cleanse and Detoxification Specialist with over 22 years experience; BSc in Holistic Nutrition, C.C.T. Colon Hydrotherapist, Cert. Holistic Health Practitioner, Spiritual Guide, Energy Work, Reiki, Author, Holistic Health Researcher
For more information on Cindy visit https://www.springclean-cleanse.com/